Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Review: Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega, #4)Dead Heat by Patricia Briggs

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


For once, mated werewolves Charles and Anna are not traveling because of Charles’s role as his father’s enforcer. This time, their trip to Arizona is purely personal, as Charles plans to buy Anna a horse for her birthday. Or at least it starts out that way...

Charles and Anna soon discover that a dangerous Fae being is on the loose, replacing human children with simulacrums. The Fae’s cold war with humanity is about to heat up—and Charles and Anna are in the cross fire.

I love this series and in this one we learnt a lot about Charles past and got to see Anna holding her on. Sure she was abused in the past but darn it she just keeps on ticking. I liked that about her.
When this book opens Charles gets a call from an old friend Joseph Sani and decides to kill two birds with one stone. He decides to visit him and since he breeds horses he decides to buy Anna a new horse. But this trip comes with complications they weren't expecting like a child swapping Fae. And then it messed up and attacked some of Joseph's family and that started Charles hunting. After a big brouhaha they manage to kill the Fae. But this looks to be the Fae's opening salvo in a war that will not be good. My favorite part of this story was when Anna used her omega powers on Joseph's dad who is the Alpha of this particular pack. This had me cackling. My least favorite thing was too much horse talk but since one really helped with the fae I am not sorry it was in there. I just think it went a little too far which is why I gave it 4 stars vs the 5 I would normally give her book.
I was given this book by Netgalley for a fair and honest review.



View all my reviews

No comments: